Pages

Thursday 15 December 2011

Brief technical summary of scene and process



Since the module is focused on animation I spent a significant amount of time trying to get the rig of the character as complete as possible, what I mean by that is to have all IK/FK solved so that I can have absolute control over everything (hips, abs, chest, legs, arms, neck, head, eyes….etc.), expressions, set driven keys, and constraints are the most important points I put the most effort on, but for more info about that you can visit my blog.
The scene I wanted to keep simple, is consisted by a vending machine which was created from a polycube (vertices were shifted and a couple of extrusions made to simulate the shape of the vending machine -simple stuff). Extra polycubes were later created and parented for the various buttons. Walls are simple polycubes with small extrusions on the bottom and so were the columns with the difference that I used the bevel tool to smooth the edges of the columns.
Hardest part was the light since I had to render each and every time I tested something different, which lead to consuming a big portion of my time (each rendered scene took roughly 30 seconds), and made me reluctant to make any future changes after rendering the whole scene.
      Animation
 I did pose to pose animation for most part of it and used exclusively the graph editor to correct the timing and add subltle detail to movements.

No comments:

Post a Comment